Monday, January 09, 2006

Glen Maxey As State Democratic Party Chair?

The rumbling have started and the drum beat is getting louder. The State Democratic Executive Committee (SDEC) met in Galveston over the weekend, and the word on the street is that former state rep and Democratic political consultant Glen Maxey is considering running for State Party Chair.

Charles Soechting has already announced his intent not to seek re-election to the position, and yet there has not been the great influx of candidates.

The position is unpaid, so any person considering it has to be committed. Maxey's connections to the state party, political consultants, elected officials and Howard Dean himself, make him highly qualified.

After working with Maxey on two separate campaigns, he brings insight, vision and practical experience to the position. His ability to understand targeting and his appreciation on the importance of data collection has made him a force in local, state and national campaigns.

This speculation comes from three sources with close connections to Maxey.

4 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger dksbook said...

This is certainly interesting.

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run, Glen, run!!!!!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Matt Glazer said...

I have to agree. I am a huge fan of this idea, but I am also hugely bias.

I am hearing rumblings now I have an announcement of some sort on Wednesday or Thursday. Keep your eyes and ears open!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Matt Glazer said...

Thanks for the links. I preface everything I write about this with the fact that I am huge fan of Glen's.

I have never worked harder, smarter, or done more than on the two campaigns I have worked on with him.

He is the entire reason I am still in Texas and not traveling the country working in "safe" or "progressive" areas.

He has trained the new and future leaders of the party and made amazing contacts across the state.

There are many consultants and campaigners that I have worked with that I cannot speak highly of... that is politics.

But nobody should doubt his ability to organize (Democracy for Texas), campaign (he has won more campaigns than any elected official, consultant, or organizer I know), and raise funds.

I am glad there is a debate going on about this, and I hope it moves the party forward rather than becomes needless attacks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home