Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Fleshing it Out

Kuff has the complete run-down:

- CD10: According to an email from Carl Whitmarsh, the Cy-Fair Area Democratic Club has a meeting on July 7 for which one of the speakers will be "Ted Ankrum, a local resident who is considering a possible candidacy for U.S. Congressional District 10". That's the first I've heard of anything here.

- CD14: I'd been hearing about a challenge here. The Quorum Report has a blurb that says "Independent Cattlemens Association Executive Director Shane Sklar is taking a serious look in the race."

- CD21: John Courage for sure, possibly others.

- CD22: Nick Lampson for sure, with Gordon Quan still contemplating.

- CD31: Mary Beth Harrell, an attorney from Killeen, is supposedly in.

It's unclear yet whether State Rep. Richard Raymond will take a crack at CD23, though I do feel confident that someone will run.

Not too shabby so far. We still need challengers in (at least) CD02, CD07, and CD32, but this is a good start.

Bupkis so far in the State Senate. SD17 is sure to draw someone, and SD03 is going to be open, but that's all I know at this time. Quite the opposite in the State House, where there's already a swarm of potential and committed challengers. I've already talked about many of them - you can browse the Election 2006 archive to see who I've mentioned up till now. Again, I think this is a great start, and I know there will be more.

It's exciting to see qualified candidates take on these races. I live by the Dean philosophy that all races need to be challenged. That is the only way we will make lasting change and take back the House and State.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there other forums/blogs that are more specific for this topic? I have not found one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home