Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Word From Carla Vela


Today I endorsed Carla Vela as Democratic Chair for Bexar County. Earlier she commented in a previous post and here is what she had to say about herself and her candidacy:

I’m currently employed by Prime Time Newspapers. I have been a Senior Account Executive for over 7 years and I sell advertising for 18 publications in the Clear Channel Communications Group. Serving as:
1st Vice Chair State Tejano Democrats
Chair, Bexar County Tejano Democrats
Chair, Matt Garcia Mexican American Democrats
President, First Friday Network
Precinct Chair 3048
Delegate, State Democratic Convention
Co-Chair, Walter Mondale Campaign for President
President, Womens Club
Vice President, PTA

has allowed me to see that the one thing that is missing from all these activities is UNITY as a cohesive fabric thoughout Bexar County.

My lifelong passion has been minority issues and a gaining a place at the table. My intention is to bring not only the democratic party together but also to bring labor into the fold--your expertise in organizing is needed and your help in bringing everybody in will be greatly appreciated.

As County Chair I plan to unite all areas of Bexar County, the various Democratic clubs, unions, and as many neighborhood associations as possible, with my ultimate goal being the creation of a unified voting block. With the proper functioning of the County Executive Committee and the necessary precinct chairs in place we can finally get down to the business of the Democratic party and the full participation of the people.

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this isn't ok, but I really wish Carla was my mom.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Matt Glazer said...

Brisco... how do I even begin to respond to that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home