Sunday, June 19, 2005

Our First Candidate

The cycle keeps getting earlier and earlier. As of this morning Joseph Biden announced that he will be seeking the nomination of the Democratic Party in 2008.
"My intention now is to seek the nomination," Biden, of Delaware, said on CBS television's "Face the Nation." He said he would explore his support and decide by the end of this year -- a sign the race may get off to an early and competitive start.

"If in fact I think I have a clear shot at winning the nomination, by this November or December, then I'm going to seek the nomination," he said.

This is the first official announcement of any kind, but it is widely speculated that John Kerry, John Edwards, and Hillary Clinton will all be running too. Personally I think that more Democrats should announce early so that way Bush will be forced into being a lame duck earlier, but I doubt that will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home