Saturday, May 21, 2005

Star Wars Episode III

I admit it. I saw it last night. I stood in line, and I made it a point to see the midnight showing at Alamo Drafthouse. I made it point to sit right in the center of the theatre and I made it point to see the movie with all of my friends that are obsessive about Star Wars.

We all went and tried to temper our expectations, but to no avail. When the lights went down and the 25 minutes of previews ended we all applauded and felt like giddy 12 year olds. The movie flew by. Out of all 6 movies this is my favorite. Is it the best movie I have ever seen? Absolutely not. The acting is flat, the special effects while good are not the best I have ever seen. The music isn't original. But, the lore is amazing.

After growing up on the original trilogy, my expectations were so high for the first of the prequels, and it stunk. The second one was okay, and the final prequel was stellar.

I admit I am a bit of a dork. I am admit that the expectations might have been set so low, that it had no chance but to blow me out of the water. Who cares? I would go again, and after being exhausted all day, just thinking about how complete the Revenge of the Sith made the whole lot of movies makes me content.

I encourage you to bask in the lore and go enjoy that final Star Wars creation.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Mark A. said...

It's nice to see someone else who had a positive experience in seeing the new Star Wars. Here's my review: http://hyperliterature.blogspot.com/2005/05/oki-give-in.html We saw it at the AMC Huebner. I've never been to the Draft House here in town. Any good?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home