Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Texas State Democratic Party Chair Resigns

Charles Soechting has decided to step down from his post as Chair of the TDP.
As you know, several months ago I announced I would not be seeking re-election as the Chair of the Texas Democratic Party in order to devote more time to both my family and law practice. As it happens, things are changing. I have been given the exciting assignment of heading up a new section at our law firm, an opportunity that will unfortunately, demand a greater portion of my time and energy. Because of this opportunity, coupled with the desire to spend more time with my wife and children, I will be stepping down as Chairman of the Texas Democratic Party effective April 22, 2006.

Of course, the next several months are critical toward the success of our convention, and the Party will need solid leadership during this time. Accordingly, I will call for an election to be held at the April 22nd meeting of the SDEC to elect a new chair.

In closing, I want to say how much I have enjoyed my time as Texas Democratic Party Chairman. I consider each and every one of you a friend, and I certainly intend to remain actively involved in Democratic politics and the effort to turn Texas blue!
Rumors are circulating about what is next for the party and what Soechting's involvment will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home