Monday, March 13, 2006

Carter Casteel Wants A Recount

From the Quorum Report:

CASTEEL ASKS FOR RECOUNT Acknowledges difficulty of overcoming 45 votes

State Rep. Carter Casteel (R-New Braunfels), who lost the HD 73 primary to challenger Nathan Macias by 45 votes, decided Monday to seek a recount.

From her statement:

"I am going to request a recount and I have retained Buck Wood as the attorney to represent me in that effort. I have thought about it a long time. I have come to grips with Election Day. However, my supporters and many of my constituents in House District 73 have encouraged me to ask for a recount. Forty-four, 45 votes is a pretty good stretch, but stranger things have happened."

She will have two days from when the Republican Party of Texas canvasses its primary results to petition for a recount. According to the party’s Web site, canvassing will happen March 22. After receiving the petition, the party will have two days to decide on whether to grant the recount.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww poor Carter!! I'm laughing my rear end off. I hope the recount shows her losing by 450 votes!!

Her little stunt in stopping appraisal cap reform shows she has no interest in protecting people...just the lobbyists who pay her way!!

Buh Bye Carter!! I only wish that low down liar Fred Hill was going with her.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Matt Glazer said...

I love that anonymous is so active on this site. I make sure to attach my name to things, especially when I mock civic leaders.

Interestingly, Carter represented the people well for many years, and the newly elected Macias is financed by one man. James Leininger gave Macias nearly 95% of the money he raised. Also, county commissioners are not sure if they will be able to effectively work with Macias.

If there is a speakers race, Macias will also be relegated to the back row like any other Freshman rep.

Carter losing is a huge set back on issues like the TTC, County Empowerment Legislation (which she championed), and Education reform.

Feel free to be happy about Carter being gone, but if you have kids, a car, a piece of property, or like your county having the authority to do stuff for you... well... you got screwed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home