Monday, March 06, 2006

Multimedia Monday!

I am going to do something a little different for this Multimedia Monday, I am actually going to tell you about the stuff I am consuming. Good, bad, somewhere in the middle, that is for you to decide. As always, I want your suggestions too!

Music:
James Blunt- Back to Bedlam
Ok, so I am a little obsessed. His song writing is remarkably personal and sometimes joyfully ironic. “Billy” is shining example of how melody can run as juxtaposition to complex lyrics. If you ever heed my advice during your Monday reads, this is an album to get.

JEM- Finally Woken
I debated on whether to announce this album. It is by far one of my favorites right now, but it has a certain element of “guilty pleasure” status. JEM is a blend of electronic music and brit-pop at its peppiest. The album is solid but there are casual moments of weakness. If you like Beth Orton, Frou Frou, or (I can’t believe I am saying this) Dido, then you will at the very least enjoy this album.

Movies:
UltraViolet
Kurt Wimmer wrote and directed Equilibrium with Christian Bale. Equilibrium is a good movie. Therefore, Ultraviolet will be good too, right?

NO!

This was the worst movie ever! If you want to watch this movie for any reason… here is the link to my tip jar. Give me your money instead because you are obviously not responsible enough to have your $6.50 anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home