Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Madla Runs...AGAIN!?!

Both the Express-News and The Jeffersonian have this important announcement from Senator Frank Madla:

Quelling rumors that he might not seek re-election to a fourth term, Texas Sen. Frank Madla announced today that he will run for his District 19 seat in 2006.

"There was never any question in my mind about what I was going to do," Madla said after a news conference at the Holiday Inn Market Square. "I decided to announce it now to put the rumors to rest."

"With my seniority, the breadth of experience from serving over three decades in the Legislature, and the relationships I have forged with Democratic and Republican colleagues, I am perfectly positioned to facilitate resolutions to these and other important issues," he said.

There was speculation among political observers that had Madla decided not to run for re-election, several state representatives may have sought the seat. They include state Reps. Robert Puente and Carlos Uresti, both of San Antonio, and Pete Gallego of Alpine. On Tuesday, Madla issued a challenge to any seeking his seat.

I hope that Gallego heads Madla's challenge and runs. Gallego voted the right way on most of the water quality bills, the GLBT bills, and education. Will it happen? Who knows, but as always, it is fun to speculate on rumor and conjecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home