Monday, May 09, 2005

Just Another Manifesto

With the elections in lull I wanted to shed some light on why everything on this site is "Just Another..."

I was looking at yahoo and Google’s most viewed stories I came across the most popular names of the past year. Matt is holding strong at number 4, and it makes me wonder just how many Matt's there are out there. I hardly meet any in San Antonio. Yet, it is one of the most common names in the United States.

This is the same model of this blog. I read tons of them and I devour news, but I know I will never see all the blogs out there. I am just another guy named Matt (one of millions) and I am just another blogger. The hope is that this is site that stands out, that this is a site that challenges people to think.

The most important thing to me is that all of you do the same for me. Don’t let me get complacent. Challenge me to think beyond the models and systems that are currently entrenched in our society. And know that I enthusiastically support all forums of dissent. I look forward to being involved in the community and expanding this dialogue, and I appreciate all of your voice and help in getting this site going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home