Sunday, December 11, 2005

Reggie Bush Wins Heisman

Color me not surprised. The man was a machine this year, and the votes show it. Bush received 2,541 points to finish 933 points ahead of Young, with Leinart a distant third.

The 784 first-place votes received by Bush was the second-most in Heisman history, topped only by another famous USC runner O.J. Simpson, who had 855 in 1968. Bush was first in all six regions and appeared on 99 percent of the ballots, also a Heisman record. (AP)

I had hoped that Vince Young would surprise the world but alas, at 8 pm last night Reggie Bush took the coveted Heisman Trophy.

Congrats to Bush (probably the only time you will read that on this blog), but I am standing my Rose Bowl prediction. The Longhorns are going to go in there, and their defense will help push Texas to an upset. I LOVE this time of year!

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger dksbook said...

When I heard on NPR this morning "Bush wins by a landslide", I thought to myself, "They have gone to freakin' far...", then they went to say, Reggie Bush. It was a bad joke that early in the morning, before I had my first sip of coffee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home